The program includes home stay with kazakh family, which offers 3 times traditional meal per day.
For the exchange visitor should help family to practice English 15 hours per week.
Owlwin Excnange offers additional tours for American visitors:
- Green Bazar. Traditional place to buy fresh vegetables, fruits, berries and meat from local farms.
- Charyn Canyon. The Canyon has been described as the Grand Canyon’s little brother. The vista of dramatic erosion made by the river Charyn below and the elements has created a dramatic and impressive landscape. The Canyon itself is approximately 150 km long, and, in places up to 300 meters deep.
- Kolsai Lakes. 3 alpine lakes situated at the altitudes of 1700 – 2650m. The 3 lakes are exceptionally clear and lie in an idyllic location, surrounded by massive cliffs and mountains with snowy caps and wooded slopes.
- Big Almaty Lake is located 28.5km south of Almaty up a gorge of the Bolshaya Almatinka River, 2,511m above sea level.
- Altyn-Emel National Park is a national park in Kazakhstan. It was created in 1996. The park covers about 4600 square kilometers between the Ili River and the Ak-Tau mountain range, near Lake Kapchagai, and consists mostly of desert and rocky terrain
- Medeo. The Medeo is an outdoor speed skating and bandy rink. It is located in a mountain valley on the south-eastern outskirts of Almaty. Medeo sits 1,691 meters above sea level, making it the highest skating rink in the world. It has over 10,000 square meters of ice and utilizes a sophisticated freezing and watering system to ensure the quality of the ice.
- Kok Tobe. The viewpoint from Kok-tobe is well worth a visit with panoramic views of the city in all directions. A cable car ride is a really good way to the top of Kok-tobe Hill and see the view of surrounding mountains, the start of which is located close to the Hotel Kazakhstan.
- The Mausoleum of Khawaja Ahmed Yasawi (South of KZ) is an unfinished mausoleum in the city of Turkestan, in southern Kazakhstan. The structure was commissioned in 1389
- Astana city. Modern Astana is a planned city, like Brasília in Brazil, Canberra in Australia, and Washington, D.C. in the United States. After Astana became the capital of Kazakhstan, the city cardinally changed its shape.
Population: 17,984, 000
Cultural capital: Almaty
Currency: Kazakhstani tenge (KZT)
Language: Kazakh. Russian is also widely used. English in particular cities.